A new illustrated guide to stocks of the bestselling Getting Started series
This popular and easy-to-use guide to understanding and investing in stocks combines basic and non-technical explanations with many other features: illustrations, definitions in context, examples, charts, key points, and valuable resources including online supplemental learning tools.
- Offers simple and carefully developed building blocks for understanding how to invest in stocks
- Includes a wealth of visuals that walk you step-by-step through the investing process
- Also available in an illustrated e-book format
With great attention to detail, author Michael Thomsett ensures that Getting Started in Stock Investing and Trading is both highly informative and visually pleasing.
From the Back Cover
While the stock market has had its fair share of ups and downs in recent years, investors and traders have still continued to find profitable opportunities. Getting Started in Stock Investing & Trading, Illustrated Edition will prepare you to do the same. Filled with a wide array of ideas, strategies, and market realities, this reliable resource will help you determine which investing and trading ideas may work best for you and put you in a better position to honestly identify your appropriate risk tolerance level.
Engaging and informative, Getting Started in Stock Investing & Trading, Illustrated Edition truly lives up to its name by bringing the key concepts of this topic to life through attractive illustrations, charts, and graphs. Along the way, it carefully weaves these visual components with definitions, examples, key points, and links to websites that will further expand your knowledge base. Divided into two comprehensive parts, Getting Started in Stock Investing & Trading, Illustrated Edition:
- Discusses how to develop an investing program to build your portfolio based on the principles of Fundamental Analysis in Part I and focuses on specific trading skills and techniques based on the principles of Technical Analysis in Part II
- Includes new chapters that describe the nature of stock investing and trading, discusses dividend strategies, and explores signals and confirmation of price movement
- Features illustrated comic strip panels at the conclusion of each chapter, which highlight major points and provide an entertaining, but informative running narrative throughout the book
- Reveals how investors and traders can earn profits regardless of the current state of the market by building a flexible and defensive portfolio.
There is no "quick fix" to becoming a better investor or "secret formula" to gaining a trading edge. Paid services, the Internet, and financial planners may all offer you an abundance of market insights, but in the end, it comes down to each individual learning for themselves what works and what doesn’t. Getting Started in Stock Investing & Trading, Illustrated Edition can help you achieve this goal.
About the Author
MICHAEL C. THOMSETT has written more than seventy books on investing, real estate, business, and management. He is the author of several Wiley books, including the bestselling Getting Started in Options, as well as Getting Started in Fundamental Analysis, Getting Started in Real Estate Investing, and Getting Started in Swing Trading. He contributes articles to many websites, including Minyanville Media and TradingMarkets.com as well as investor-oriented magazines such as BetterInvesting and the AAII Journal.