Excel – Download the analysis file
Latest Financial – Q2 2016 Financial Report (23 Aug 2016)
FY16 Q2 Results Highlight:
- 2QFY16 versus 2QFY15
- CARLSBG revenue grew marginally by 2.4% to RM851.5mn. This was driven by positive contribution from Singapore segment. The segment recorded a double-digit growth of 13.7% to RM274.6mn supported by better products mix as well as higher contribution from subsidiary company Maybev.
- Despite the positive contribution from Singapore segment, Malaysia segment logged a slight contraction of 2.3% to RM577mn underpinned by loss of contribution from Luen Heng business.
- 12MFY16 versus 12MFY15
- CARLSBG’s operating profit expanded by 26.8% YoY to RM147mn owing to strong contribution from both segments (Malaysia: 43.4% YoY to RM99.2mn and Singapore: 40.3% YoY to RM47.3mn).
- This was attributable to effective costs control and positive products mix, increased contribution from Maybev, and 3) strengthening of Singapore Dollar against MYR.
- I remains confident that CARLSBG will deliver commendable results for FY16 even if there are many uncertainties in the global economy.
- In my opinion, fair value of CARLSBG is from 14.7 to 15.6 (Uncertainty Risk: HIGH)
- I will continue to hold, but will not accumulate CARLSBG for the time being.
At the time of writing, I owned shares of CARLSBG.